Planting Day 1: Adios Typhoon Songda; Hola planting day!
Songda is gone, and the ground has dried up, the rocks are overwhelming, and the weeds are back… ahhh. So forget the original plan, we’re using pots, fabric weed shield, and rocks. This week was dedicated to spring cleaning, however after yesterdays errands & eventful frustrations that seemed never ending… I needed a break and Justice needed a play day. What better time to garden than the present? Opportunity knocking. The good that came from yesterday: we found a flower pot clearance sale at the BX. Grabbed 4 ceramic pots that coordinated well and saved a ton of money in the long run! I still need a few more containers since I have decided it will be pointless to plant in ground. Baby steps…
We staked down the plain black Eco Edging. When I become a pro at planting, growing and once we own a home, then I’ll shell out the dough for the fancy shmancy borders!
Justice got to go to town on that dirt. Shoveling, raking and patting it all down again. Which is what she always wants to do and usually I tell her “No, not yet!” She had a blast.
Filled up the first pot with a hand mixture of 1 bag of Japanese soil, Miracle Gro Potting mix, and a few handfuls of Sphagnum Peat Moss.
What we are planting in the biggest pot: Snowdrift Marigolds
While I’m reading this…
My partner in muddy messes has disappeared…
Insert marigold seeds here. Cover 1/4″ soil and pack lightly. In the sun, Water.
Yesterday I read it was good to trickle the hose… especially in high heat. Then move to afternoon shade.
Now time to rest and decide what comes next and which pot to put it in. These should bloom in 7-21 days, but we shall see.
- Top 10 Spring Planting Comments (brasilagro.wordpress.com)
- Record Wet Planting Season Delays Soybean (brasilagro.wordpress.com)
- Garden Planted (alwaysbcmom.com)
- A Real Gardener (mygardentotable.com)
- Make a bumblebee nest from a flower pot (janestreetclayworks.wordpress.com)
- No Room For Pots? Plant Greenery in Your Furniture (casasugar.com)
- Jiffy Peat Pots Rock! (mildwonkeygarden.wordpress.com)
- Craft of the day: Painted pots (advanceddenglish.wordpress.com)
- Before & After: Turning Mismatched Pots into a Window Garden (apartmenttherapy.com)